Sunday, March 18, 2007

From Babies To Babies

I guess to the readers of this Aug. 1967 issue of Lady's Circle, it didn't seem that long ago that The Lennon Sisters themselves were little girls, and then, there they were having their own bit of a baby boom.

This was one of many cover stories the Lennons did for Lady's Circle, continuing all the way through the early 1980s. I'm not sure if there were earlier ones, but given that they mispelled Kathy's name I'm thinking this one might be the first.

As for the sisters' child-rearing beliefs, I think they are on the money. I experienced the "old wooden spoon" thing myself growing up, and have no complaints. And if you disagree, fine, but please don't send me any vehement anti-spanking diatribes, m'kay? Thanks.

Lennon Sisters, Lady's Circle magazine, Aug. 1967 Lennon Sisters, Lady's Circle magazine, Aug. 1967

Lennon Sisters, Lady's Circle magazine, Aug. 1967 Lady's Circle magazine, Aug. 1967

Lady's Circle magazine, Aug. 1967 Lady's Circle magazine, Aug. 1967

No comments: