Friday, November 23, 2007

Lennons and Lemontinis

Hope y'all had a lovely Thanksgiving. My family did. It was a smaller gathering than usual at my oldest sister's house but it was fun. There was much eating, drinking, and really bad karaoke. The Lennon Family we ain't. What I lack in talent I make up for in volume. I totally belted on Carrie Underwood's Before He Cheats. Any inhibitions I had were taken care of by the Lemontinis I consumed. My sister was in charge of the food; I was in charge of the booze. Let me share the Lemontini recipe - y'all, they are soooo good.

Ingredients:
Absolut Citron Vodka
Lemon Concentrate
Simple Syrup - mix 1 cup sugar into 1 cup boiling water until sugar is dissolved.
Sliced Lemon

Mix in Shaker:
several ice cubes
2 and 1/2 jiggers of citron vodka
1 jigger simple syrup
1/2 jigger lemon concentrate

Shake well, pour into sugar-rimmed coated glass, add slice of lemon.


Mmmmmmmmm.....

Now here's a fun picture of The Lennon Sisters doing their "strip" number. I'd have to drink way more to add this to my karaoke repertoire.

No comments: